Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Photo Critique


The picture has a lot to it. There is tons going on, and the first thing that catches my eye is the rainbow. The water is the next thing that draws my attention. Also, the dark texture of the rocks is another key part. When I look at this picture, I feel like relaxing. It gives me a cool yet tranquil feeling. I think this photograph is about peace, and the real beauty of nature since it involves a lot of natural elements. This photograph is technically okay. I do not see any mistakes that the photographer has made, and the colors all correspond correctly. The rainbow brings some color into the photograph, and although it doesn't go with the cool pattern, it gives the photo a refreshing feeling. This photographer did a very good job artistically. The photo is in color, and should be in color. All the ratios and the view point is how it should be. You can really see the difference between the foreground, mid ground, and background. My favorite parts of this photograph is the textures you can see on the rocks and ocean. The color of the sky really corresponds with the ocean, giving it the early morning feeling. Some things in the photograph that i think could use improving is the major glare at the bottom of the rainbow. To me, this almost looks photo shop and it looks as if it is unnaturally glowing. The photographer should have stuck with the all natural pattern he was using if he did end up using photo shop to enhance the rainbow. Overall, i believe this photograph is good. I would give it a 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment