Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Things They Carried



This is my great grandfathers pocket watch. It was handed down to my father when my great grandfather passed away by my grandmother. The inscription on the watch says Thomas Paprocki, Nebraska. That was my great-grandfathers name, and my grandmother thought my dad should have it. The pocket watch means a lot to my father because it reminds him of his childhood. My grandmother moved here from Nebraska, so all of my fathers relatives are from Nebraska. When he was younger, he used to visit frequently, and that was a big part of his childhood. I have been there once, so even I have a connection to this watch. Hopefully this will be something that stays in my family for a long time and gets  passed down from generation to generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment